The Sony DT 18-70mm (SAL-1870) is a great all-around lens that allows you to
take superb shots. In 35mm equivalent, it covers wide-angle 27mm to 105mm
midrange telephoto for gorgeous snapshots, portraits, interiors and more.
DT Lens Design
A more compact, lightweight lens designed specifically for the APS-size CCD imager used in the Sony® ± (alpha) cameras.
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass
To reduce chromatic aberration at telephoto extension, correcting certain wavelengths of light for sharp, clear images with well defined colors.
Advisory when using DT lenses with full-frame (35mm equivalent) DSLR cameras
Sony ? (alpha) lenses with the Digital Technology (DT) designation are ideal for use on APS-C size DSLR cameras and are not recommended for use with full frame DSLR camera bodies (such as the DSLR-A900). Although DT lenses can be used with full frame cameras, they can only realize a maximum of 11MP image size (when using the DSLR-A900)., and are not guaranteed to provide accurate Auto Exposure performance.
- Lens Type : Standard Zoom
- Aperture (Max.) : f/3.5 - 5.6
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22 - 36
- Filter Diameter : 55mm
- Magnification : x 0.25
- Lens Groups-Elements : 9 groups, 11
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1' 2.4" (38cm)
- Aspheric Elements : 1 aspheric
- Distance Encoder : Yes
- Aperture Blade : 7 blades (Circular
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : APS:
27-105mm (35mm Equivalent: 18-70mm)
- Lens Weight : 8.3 oz (235g)